How long does it take to award certificates?

I recently completed the data visualization certification, but I still haven’t received my certificate. Any idea how long it will take for the certificate to appear?

Hello there~!

You need to go to your account settings to claim your certificate. Before you can do so, you also need to agree to the Academy Honesty Pledge.

To make your certificate appear in your profile, you need to have your profile set to public.

I’ve done all that. In fact , I’ve already received two other certificates The problem is the data visualisation certificate isn’t appearing even though I’ve completed everything.

Can you share a link to your /learn profile?

I don’t know how to do that , pls guide me.

https://www.freecodecamp.org/akshit0201
Is this it?

1 Like

That is it, yes.

I do see that you’ve completed a couple of other certificates successfully, and that you’ve also submitted the five Data Visualisation projects.

Can you confirm one thing for me? If you head to your account settings, and scroll down to the Data Visualisation section, do you see a button that says “Show Certification”? Or does it say “Claim Certification”?

NOTE: As a quick aside, I do want to let you know that the links you have submitted for the following projects all point to the freeCodeCamp test suite pen - you’ll want to update those with the links to your saved projects. :slight_smile:

• Product Landing Page
  • Technical Documentation Page
  • Personal Portfolio
  • All 5 Data Visualisation Projects

It says “claim certification”.

Is this error occurring because some of my projects point to the freeCodeCamp test suite pen?

Ok now that I clicked on “Claim certification” it shows my certification.

Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

no, but that may cause your cert to be revoked. Please submit valid projects.

in a not that far future update, the links you submitted will be displayed when the certificate is viewed. do you want to show you submitted a blank project?

1 Like

Most of your project links are empty, the Survey Form project is not passing all the tests and although the Tribute Page is passing all the tests it’s pretty much an empty page. I looked at the Cash Register code and it’s just the solution code from the hints page (that is allowed, but it isn’t the intention of the challenge).

I would advise you to make sure you only submit valid projects (and do not copy the examples) otherwise you may have the certificates revoked.

The certificates are worthless without the knowledge, it is the knowledge you gain that matters.

2 Likes

Dude you’re so obviously submitting blank projects to get the certificates and it’s so lame.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback , I’ll complete these projects. :+1: