How to identify and empty object and push it to an array

I’m working on “Intermediate Algorithm Scripting: Steam Roller”. I can pass all tests except the last, because I am not able to take an empty object { } from an array and push it to an empty array that will contain my final set of elements to be returned.

Here is my algorithm:

function steamrollArray(arr) {
  let box = [];
  let firstArr = [...arr];

two(firstArr);
  function two(arr2){
  for(let i = 0; i < arr2.length; i++) {
    if(arr2[i] === {} || typeof(arr2[i]) === "number" || typeof(arr2[i]) === "string") { box.push(arr2[i]);}
    else {
    two(arr2[i]);

}

}
 // console.log(box);
  }

return box;

}

steamrollArray([1, [2], [3, [[4]]]]);

The problem in my code lies in this part of my conditional: if(arr2[i] === {}) {box.push(arr2[i])};
I think other elements which are not empty objects are passing this conditional when I do not want them to.

^ Note: I’ve solved the algorithm another way using Array.isArray. I just would like to know how to solve this problem using the method pasted above so I can better understand my error and how to identify an empty object in the future. Thanks in advance…

arr2[i] === {}

This won’t work because when objects are compared, they are only considered equal if they are the same object (as opposed to being equivalent).

That said, I would suggest reconsidering that if statement. You want to take a special action if the item is an array, trying to list all the other things that it could be is not the best way to do that.

you may want instead something like…

thanks, that makes sense