Hi am stuck on step 12 now for days my code appears to be ok but it has not been accepted not sure why can somebody please take a look[date=2022-11-04 timezone=“Europe/London”]https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-html-by-building-a-cat-photo-app/step-12
If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.
well how rich is that the last time i did that I was told off “do not create a new topic in forum instead check to see if the question has been asked before” I have no idea how to use this forum yet am expected to behave - still dont know
Hi there, here are some things to know about the forum.
It is always a good idea in any Internet forum to spend some time looking through the posts on the forum before posting. The reason you may want to do that is because you will learn some of the etiquette of the forum through observation which for us includes things like:
- don’t respond to someone else’s post unless you are trying to help them in some way. (But when you are responding use hints and tips to help without posting a full solution)
- learn how to use the ask for help button (it appears after three failed tries to solve a challenge) When clicked it provides a template that can be filled out and instructs you how to post code on the forum.
- many of the people who respond to posts here are volunteers. You will get more timely support if you write a clear question, provide your code and a link to the challenge.
- don’t forget to mark your posts as solved if someone helps you (or if you figure it out yourself). Don’t post any answers but provide a tip if you solve something yourself so that other readers with the same problem can learn from you.
- don’t create duplicate topics for the same challenge.
- if someone tries to help you and you are still stuck, provide the latest version of the code to get more help or ask another specific question to get additional clarification.
- try to search online to find answers to short questions such as how to write a command for eg in html or css as this may get you an answer much faster than a post.
- try to search the forum posts for similar topics to yours and that may also give you some ideas about how to resolve your own issue.
- read the pinned post in the subforum you are using if one exists as it may contain relevant information to the problem you are reporting.
- finally, pls read and follow the terms of service and code of conduct whenever you are using any fCC resources such as the forum.
Hope all of this helps you navigate the forum in the future.