HTML/CSS building a Magazine step 1

not sure what i am doing wrong but ive done what its asked me to do but its still not passing me?? and its not giving me any hints??? could someone direct me in the right direction please?
  **Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8" />
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=divice-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
  </head>
  <body>
    </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.115 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Device-width(you spelled it divice width) is not spelled correctly.
Hope this helps you!

Really need some help here, ive done what its asked me to do, but its still isn't passing me and it isnt giving me any hints to where im going wrong. if someone could please have a look and point me in the right direction i would be very appreciated 
  **Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
</head>
<body>
  </body>

</html>
/* file: styles.css */

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.115 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 1

Link to the challenge:

He buddy, i guess the problem is with you doing < meta property**/**>
your code is correct just don’t place < /> in meta
eg :

<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
hey, i've taken out the / from the meta element, but it still doesn't want to let me pass? 

it says "Begin with your standard HTML boilerplate. Add a DOCTYPE declaration, an html element, a head element, and a body element.

Add a <meta> tag with the appropriate charset and a <meta> tag for mobile responsiveness within the head element." but i’ve don’t all of that and still wont pass me

I copied your code and pasted it in the code section it passed for me

not sure why it wouldnt pass but i managed to get it to pass in another browser. thank you for your help

Check spelling of device in code

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.