HTML Step 14 is too vague

HTML Step 14 is too vague.

Add a target attribute with the value _blank to the anchor (a) element’s opening tag, so that the link opens in a new tab.

This does not tell me where the target needs where in <a href="[MyLink(dot)org](https://MyLink)"></a> this needs to go. I had to look it up to know that it goes after the link. All previous steps had examples with the exception of this one.
Please add an example or a better description for people to be able to understand what is being asked.

Correct example for someone stumbling on this is:

The target attribute does not have to go after the href attribute. It can go before. It can go anywhere inside the opening anchor element after the a but before the closing >

In step 9 you added a second attribute (the alt attribute) to an img element that already had a src attribute. So you have already seen how to add multiple attributes to an element. I think step 14 is assuming that you would apply the knowledge learned in step 9 to add the target attribute to the anchor element.

But even step 9 doesn’t explain that attributes can go in any order. So ya, perhaps this can be made a little clearer, probably in step 9 when it is first introduced.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.