HTML5 Elements help

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!--<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>-->

<!--<p> Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<!--<p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the ouch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 11895.118.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.159 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

Hello :slight_smile:

So, you are missing the main tag like they asked… And you also have your code commented.

1 Like

so what should i put for the main tag

You should wrap your paragraphs on the main tag

could you show me???

You need 2 p elements with Kitty Ipsum text.

Make sure each of your p elements has a closing tag.

Your p element should contain the first few words of the provided additional kitty ipsum text.

Your code should have one main element.

The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.

The opening main tag should come before the first paragraph tag.

The closing main tag should come after the second closing paragraph tag.

You have to read what they ask and try to do it yourself… If i just tell you the answer that would be not much of you understanding, but only me telling you…

okai but i don’t understand what they mean, ive tried doing it on my own.

For example… When you create an html page you have

<html>
    <head>
       <title> </title>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
</html>

Right? So, the head and body tag are wrapped inside the html tag, as well as the title is wrapped inside the head tag… What you have to do, is wrap the <main> tag around your two <p>