Https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-tribute-page

I have tried to complete the first User Story, took hours but the test still does not let me pass. Can someone show me the example?

What have you tried? What tests are you failing. Please provide a link to your project code, so we can help guide you.

The project page shows you a demo project you can use for inspiration.

User Story #1: My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main" , which contains all other elements.

I am working on this on here: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/MJjpwO

Already so stuck.

My CSS is:

.main { }
.main { }

'

This is my html

The Codepen link you provided is just the default template. Make sure to fork it and save your actual changes to it and then repost your version.

`

`

This is my HTML

You are not passing the first test, because you have not fulfilled the requirement. Make sure to read the test error details. It tells you what the problem is.

I spent time to figure out but can you give me the code to pass the first test or the hint?

Because I could not really understand what I am supposed to do at the first place. But once I see the sample, I should move forward to following tests

This is your project. You need to figure this out on your own. What does the test error say? Make sure you read the entire details of the test (below the main user story text). I am helping you by getting you to read the test error message, so you can figure this out on your own.

As I stated before, the Build a Tribute Page project gives a demo page.

#Content

• 1. My tribute page should have an element with corresponding id=“main”, which contains all other elements.

expected null to not equal null AssertionError: expected null to not equal null

o.assert.isNotNull(document.getElementById("main")),Object(o.assert)(document.querySelectorAll("#main div, #main figure, #main section, #main a, #main h1, #main img").length,'element with id="main" must contain other elements')

and it gives me a bunch of links

This is the most important part of the error message.

The element with id=“main” does not contain any other elements. You must add other elements to it.