I am looking for clarification id="main"

User Story #1: My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main" , which contains all other elements.

This does not seem to be a common action in HTML…thus I am wondering at reading the code on the sample page if the “main” id is to be used in reference to CSS media query?

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

It’s pretty common to have to add an id (not always an id, but don’t worry about that) to html elements for testing purposes.

My assumption is that since it is listed as one of the ‘requirements’ for the challenge that it must have some significance. Thus, I am at a loss as to what the intended significance is and that is irksome to say the least.

The significance of the id is so that the tests can find the appropriate parts of your project.

From a functional perspective, the important part is that you have one element that contains all of the other elements. The reason that the element must have the id main is so that the test can find it and verify that you have done what you were supposed to.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @ArielLeslie ! After my reply and rereading your first comment, I did wonder if that was what you were saying the first time. :slight_smile: Again thank you very much. Knowing that is VERY helpful, now and future me as well! :slight_smile:
Have a great day!

I’m glad I could help. It’s the sort of thing that not many people ask, so going into details on the project description could be confusing – but that’s what your friendly neighborhood forumfolk are for :smiley:

1 Like

hello there please i’m having this same issue here. can you please help me out on this? i’ve been trying it like this but not working

if you open a topic, with a link to your own code it would be easier to help you