I am struggling with passing all the tests; specifically 4,10,13, and Layout 1

If someone could give me some recommendations for how to adjust my code, I would very much appreciate it.

@wersdy87 when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

For instance the first full failing message says

Each <section> element with the class of "main-section" should also have an id comprised of the <header> innerText contained within it, with underscores in place of spaces. The id may include special characters if there are special characters in the respective <header> innerText. (e.g. The <section> that contains the header, "JavaScript & Java", should have a corresponding id="JavaScript_&_Java").
Each 'main-section' should have an id attribute : expected false to equal true
AssertionError: Each 'main-section' should have an id attribute : expected false to equal true 

Apply the same to all the messages. That is, read more than just the first line.

I appreciate it, however even with the information the failing messages provide, I am still lost on what exactly I am missing.

You need to be specific as to what it is you don’t understand.
We will try and help and guide you to the solution but we do not want to give out answers.

Using the first full failing message again it says

Each <section> element with the class of "main-section" should also have an id comprised of the <header> innerText contained within it, with underscores in place of spaces. The id may include special characters if there are special characters in the respective <header> innerText. (e.g. The <section> that contains the header, "JavaScript & Java", should have a corresponding id="JavaScript_&_Java").
Each 'main-section' should have an id attribute : expected false to equal true
AssertionError: Each 'main-section' should have an id attribute : expected false to equal true

Here is the code for your first section
<section class="main-section">
The test says “Each main-section should have an id attribute…”

When I correct that error it goes from 12/16 tests passing to 14/16 tests passing.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.