I designed a dark theme "night mode" you can easily toggle on and off

Sure - I used the Design Style Guide and picked colors from it that have high contrast. There are edge cases like the one you highlighted, and I’m not 100% sure how to resolve that particular one.

@QuincyLarson Little mistake, when you hover on normal, the circle is invisible. This is also in a Light mode, becomes invisible on hover :slight_smile:

hover1

hover2

1 Like

I will let you know if I find something. So far it looks nice!

Very nice and thanks for that great work:ok_hand:

.canned-reply-title:hover {
    background-color: #834917;    // original value: #eee  
    cursor: pointer;
}

line 23, canned-replies.scss

1 Like

Thanks! I love the dark theme! Every time I have a choice, I use a dark theme, it’s so much easier on the eyes.

2 Likes

soooo much better…thank you quincy!!

1 Like

OK - I’ve applied this CSS - please verify it looks right.

It works.

1 Like

Nice, but it is only in forum.freecodecamp.org. Are you going to add to freecodecamp.org for challenges? Would be greate!

Love it
I’m a fan or dark theme.

Theoretically, freecodecamp.org already has a night mode that can be enabled in the account settings, as someone pointed out for me in this thread.

However, it doesn’t work for me (it becomes disabled as soon as I navigate to another page), so I continued working on my own theme for Stylus, Stylish and similar userstyle managers.

1 Like

Yes, it has the same bahavior for me. Oh, nice, good job. I am gonna use it. Thanks

1 Like

This is great :pray: :new_moon_with_face: !

Looks good on both both counts… it’s all nice and centered AND blakc and yet totally chrome

Yes - this is still buggy. We will overhaul night mode in the coding challenges soon.

Thanks for creating a Stylish theme. That is a great tool for customizing websites to your own tastes.

1 Like

I like the night mode dark theme it is very cool, I prefer dark colored web pages to white and this theme is one of the better ones that I have seen, looks something like the same way I formatted the theme on my Python text editor (IDLE) and notepad++.

How did I miss this thread?

I will take a peek at it but in general for most if not all websites I use a FireFox addon called, unimaginatively, “Dark Background and Light Text”. It’s fully customizable as I don’t particularly like white text on black. Right now my background is a fairly dark shade of gray, my text is green (Reminds me of Mainframe /COBOL lol)… urls (active, visited,hover) also have colors that you can change.

Downside is it really messes up the view of some colors on websites.

Really Dark Theme is very nice. We would like to share this theme for my client. Can you tell me the price of this theme. Because i like this theme one of my project. I want to buy dark theme for online food delivery website development.