I don't know how to indent then the entire paragraph. help?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<main>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

1 Like

you do not need to indent anything, you need both of your p tags to be inside of the two main tags

You can checkout the new version of this challenge (it will not stay up forever the link may not work in the future). It also has a new video.

Just remember to complete the challenge using the current version of the challenge you are using now and not the new one.

BTW, the way he indents the elements is by selecting them and pressing the Tab key.

am having same issue, i tired highlighting and pressing the tab key to indent, its not working.

hello, have u been able to complete this challenge 7 yet? kindly advise, since i battle with the same issue myself.

The indentation is irrelevant to passing the challenge. We use indentation just to make code more readable.

You can just put the cursor in front of the element you want to indent and press space twice (two spaces is the normal convention). You can also use the auto-format option in the editor (Shift + Alt + F or right-click the editor page and select “Format Document” from the menu).

If you are having trouble completing the challenge have a look at the example given in the MDN docs for the <main> element. It has two <p> elements wrapped by a <main> element (ignore the role="main" part of the example).

If you are having issues running the test make sure to use Chrome or Firefox for the curriculum.