I dont pass the test

In the project " Build a Product Landing Page" I don’t pass the fifth test ( When I click a .nav-link button in the nav element, I am taken to the corresponding section of the landing page.)

Can someone help me?

https://codepen.io/AbdulrahmanF/pen/mdJqZKX?editors=1000

You are doing:

<div id="home"></div>

However, it is asking for section.

So what tag would we use for a section?

I edited it and replaced the div with a section tag and it doesn’t pass either.

What if you deleted your unordered list and everything in it and replaced it with something like the following;

<span>
        <a class="nav-link" href="#home">Home</a>
        <a class="nav-link" href="#features">Features</a>
        <a class="nav-link" href="#vid">Video</a>
      </span>
1 Like

Thanks it worked out. I really appreciate our help :heart: :heart:. Anyhow should I report this as a bug?

There’s no bug to report…it was your implementation that wasn’t working correctly.

1 Like

But the user story didn’t specify a specific implementation for the links, did it?

You’re right. It didn’t specify. Rather than trying to fix or work with what you had written I just gave you a little bit of a simpler way of resolving your issue.
I don’t so much like unordered lists for a table of contents and thought that by sharing that snippet with you, you’d have an easier time working through the the issue you were having.

I did have much easier time, and it did resolve my issue and I do appreciate the help. All I’m saying is to work on the test case so other students wouldn’t have to edit their implantation as well.

I understand…there is a way to get your original implementation to pass the tests. I’m lazy though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like