I just signed into my account and I don't see any of my past progress

This has been occuring multiple times and making me very very frustrated… This is 3rd time i lost everything, My account progress, profile everything. I have used ONLY Github login.

Can someone please get back my progress before i quit the coding on FCC! It doesn’t make any sense going through curriculum again and again which is exactly same.

1 Like

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a community of millions of people, FCC does not store every solution to every challenge in its database. When you complete a challenge, there is a modal that gives you the option to download your solution. This gives you the option to save a copy of any solution that you may want to reference later. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then your local storage has been cleared or something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

This really needs to be specified better, because it worked differently in the past. I was used to being able to put my thought process in comments and go back to see my solutions on past problems when I worked on later problems, maybe even go back to old ones. All my solutions from 2015 I just spot-checked seem to be there even now but one I just checked from 4 days ago so I could help someone out is gone entirely. I’ve been directing potential employers to a progress page where they can view “my” code. No wonder I can’t get an interview! Seeing a button with an option to download means nothing because there are other reasons why one might want to save work locally. In fact, since something does get saved in the browser temporarily, even someone who started using FCC after all this was changed might still assume their info gets saved if they go back to the previous question immediately and their work hasn’t been deleted yet. There needs to be a disclaimer that submitting your work will delete it.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue - I signed in with github and got halfway through CSS. Then I signed in on another machine and got halfway through accessibility. Then I went back to my home machine and it hadn’t saved my profile progress. I tried signing out and signing back in but it has lost ALL of my progress?? Please help!

are you sure you used the same log in method? be sure to try the same log in method

after that, see if this helps you: