I need help with this task-using hex code is proofing difficult

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I am to style my elemets with CSS using Hex code which i think i already did, but it looks like i’m missing something.

**Your code so far**

<style>
.red-text {
  color: #FF0000;
}
.green-text {
  color: #00FF00;
}
.dodger-blue-text {
  color: #0000FF;
}
.orange-text {
  color: #FFA500;
}
</style>

<h1 class="red-text">I am red!</h1>

<h1 class="green-text">I am green!</h1>

<h1 class="dodger-blue-text">I am dodger blue!</h1>

<h1 class="orange-text">I am orange!</h1>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.60 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Use Hex Code to Mix Colors

Link to the challenge:

Dodger blue is #1E90FF. Just a minor Typo.

Your code is fine. When I click on the link though the values are all still black. I do this all the time, I get involved with something, step away and think I completed step and don’t realize that I never actually completed it. At least that is my guess with what happened.

The link is to a reset lesson. The code above, is manually inserted for verification. What you are seeing in that screenshot, is the unadulterated code.

my mistake then. However, when I copied and pasted your code in, it worked.

If you are wanting to help everyone else out:

Select & Copy the code above:

Screenshot 2022-04-09 1.32.58 PM

Click through that link:

Paste the code:

Run the test:

Screenshot 2022-04-09 1.33.39 PM

Check the errors

Screenshot 2022-04-09 1.33.48 PM

And come back here and help the students

Fixed. Thank you very much

I figured it out after taking a break. Thank you

Sometimes, taking a break is all you need.

1 Like

I don’t know where you grew up, but where I grew up when people tried to help you out you don’t reply with condescending remarks.

1 Like

HahahaActually, I would say, where I grew up, People Do reply with Condescending remarks.

But, Condescension was not in the Intent, but Is in the Eyes of the beholder.

I offered you a path to the obtaining of the necessary information, to correctly and efficiently help the other Students…

You could follow my advice, or you could seek advice from someone else who knows better than myself, Like the MOD @JeremyLT .

And perhaps be given more thorough instructions, If you feel that mine are unhelpful to you.

I am actually a very Condescending person, from time to time.
( As denoted by the naturally aggressive arch of my brow, There in my Profile photo. : )

But I save my Condescension for very Specific & Special people, It’s unlikely to be unleashed upon you any time soon… If that eases your mind any…

I like the fact that you Quickly addressed your upset with me. Feel free to do so again, if you feel affronted in the future

The original programming question has been resolved. I’m closing this thread as off-topic and unproductive. This is forum for people to support each other learning to code.