IDE - Pycharm - "error occurred when installing packages "

Dear all, This is little concern on Pycharm which I am most fascinated of. Though, I am unable to install any of the single packages through it, if there is a way to proceed with the fix of "error occurred when installing packages ‘Flask’ ".
Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you, RM.

Hello @riyaz as far as I know, the general method for installing is:

from flask import Flask
from flask import render_template
from flask import request

To install more packages in general.

Dear AndyG, I tried that too before raising this concern in this forum, perhaps, it did not work at all.
Any furtherance alternative approach would be appreciable.

Regards, RM

Hello riyaz, first you must have used pip before the installation.

It can also be installed without pip through virtualenv as follows:

$ curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py
$ sudo python get-pip.py
$ sudo pip install virtualenv

By this process you upgrade pip.
You can find more information about this case here:

Hope this helps

Dear AndyG, Thanks for your inputs. It would be helpful if you can share the same commands for the windows machine as I am using it.

Just search this link to upgrade pip, then a download option must appear.

then do the other process.
Posdata, I am using Windows machine too. And I found no problem.

Dear Andy, Thank you. Aftermath of a lots of trial and error methods (including yours, too) I couldn’t get a solution to install module installation. Lastly, I tried raising concern with internal IT team, then I found that’s the firewall tunnel stopping the module installation abruptly compliance with security policies perhaps. With the business justification, I made it to turn off and started accessing all module without blockade further.
First and foremost, we would require check internal security policy then apply rest of the trial and error method for a fixure. This is I learnt from my experience. Thank you.

Dear @riyaz
Well this was really unusual.
It seems your case was the 0.01% of functional errors.
Sincerely I feel so much :pensive:
Very strange trouble.
Thanks for sharing this experience in the forum, for future reference.
Sorry if you feel I couldn’t help.But I didn’t even considered this possibility.
Best wishes.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.