Im getting closer but still missing something .I tried adding the period at color and thats not good need help thanks

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<style>
  h2 {
   color: red;
  }
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/use-a-css-class-to-style-an-element

I think you need to target the class of the html element, not the tag to solve the problem.

So in style brackets I suggest instead of h2 you target the class of that h2 element.

I am not writing the full solution on intentionally :slight_smile: If you need more help I am here

Close! Now instead of selecting all <h2> elements, target the red-text class. When selecting class names, make sure to put a dot before the name.

I have the color between the style tags i dont know what im missing

You should apply the color to the red-text class, not to the h2. Now since red-text is a class name, you should attach a dot right before it. It is CSS’s way of knowing that you are selecting a class.