Im stuck and think theres nothing wrong

Tell us what’s happening:
i typed it over and over and im geting the the web name is not correct. i’m pretty sure it is.

Your code so far

<body>
<header>
  <h1>Real Coding Ninjas</h1>
</header>
<main>
  <p>A sound clip of Zersiax's screen reader in action.</p>
<audio id="meowClip" controls>
<source scr="https://s3.amazonawes.com/freecodecamp/screen-reader.mp3" type="audio/mpeg" />
</audio>

</main>
</body>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.97 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Improve Accessibility of Audio Content with the audio Element

Link to the challenge:

You just have two typos in your source element.

1. ‘scr’ is incorrect.
  2. the link is for amazon web services (you typed ‘awes’)

i fixed the aws that is suppuse to be there even says in the direcrectis even taking the e off cuz i accedently put that there. but still didn’t fix it

You should just copy and paste the URL to avoid typos.

The attribute you misspelled is an abbreviation for the word “source”. If you look at the word you can see the order the letters should be in.

1 Like

It’s not scr. It’s “src”. Did you fix that part?

1 Like

Fixed it it was that i really need some help with my dyslexia i can look over it over and over but see it the same way till someone points it out and tells me different.

1 Like

Happens to me all the time with a simple semicolon.

this is practice, but most editor actually have suggestions and point out issues (also with some degree of personalisation depending on the editor)

but, don’t worry about doing too many typos, that’s normal and it is for that that code validators exist

1 Like

I had the problem when I was younger which put me in special classes for about the first four years of my schooling.

Anyway, you can take courses to help you with that issue don’t think you’re stuck with it. It took me years, but it happened. I still occasionally have trouble myself.

But, what you can do in the meanwhile is:

1. Copy/Paste urls
  2. Use autocomplete features in an editor like VSCode. Install that, copy your code practices and tests into a new HTML file and work with them in there. This is closer to what you’d do “on the job” anyway.
  3. Re-read things repeatedly. I find that sometimes I feel I typed something and go back over it and realize I didn’t do it right. You’ll have to be more diligent on this than most people about this. Often with dyslexia you will find that you repeatedly make the same sorts of errors and after you learn what they are you know where to look first, etc.
1 Like