Im stuck in the step 14 CSS color markers

Im try so times understand the error but i really idk
the instruction say " In the container div , add two more div elements and give them each a class of marker ." But the error say " Your new div elements should be within the div with the class container ."
the line of the new markers if it appears when i create one, but when ii give the revision it asks me to create a div with a “container”, i have already tried several ways but i cannot understand if someone help me i would be completely grateful :call_me_hand:

**Your code so far**
\ file: <!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <meta charset="utf-8">
   <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
   <title>Colored Markers</title>
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>CSS Color Markers</h1>
   <div class="container">
       <div class="marker">
           <div class="marker">
     <div class="marker">
     </div>
   </div>
</div>
   </div>
 </body>
</html>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <meta charset="utf-8">
   <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
   <title>Colored Markers</title>
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>CSS Color Markers</h1>
   <div class="container">
       <div class="marker">
           <div class="marker">
     <div class="marker">
     </div>
   </div>
</div>
   </div>
 </body>
</html>
\ file: h1 {
 text-align: center;
}

.marker {
 width: 200px;
 height: 25px;
 background-color: red;
 margin: auto;
}

h1 {
 text-align: center;
}

.marker {
 width: 200px;
 height: 25px;
 background-color: red;
 margin: auto;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.64 Safari/537.36 Edg/101.0.1210.47

Challenge: Step 14

Link to the challenge:

You’re putting the closing tags in the wrong places. This lesson is not requiring you to have the tags nested, so all of the elements should be adjacent to each other.

2 Likes

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like

I understand the struggle. I made it through most of the legacy course for this and it explained a lot more than this new one does. But I eventually figured this step out. It’s very picky about how you do it. Make sure you’re indenting your extra divs you are putting in.

If you are no longer stuck you can ignore this post.

You have the three div elements. However, your issue likely lies in the fact that you close them all at the end. Doing this makes the container div encompass all three markers as it should. However, your first marker encompasses your other two markers acting as a sort of container and your second marker also encompasses the last marker.

Try closing the div elements on the same line you opened them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your spacing is all over the place. Although this may work it is not good practice to have sporadic spacing. Try to keep things clean and consistent. Since these div elements are confined within the container they should be properly indented children of the <div class="container">.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

Mod Edit: SOLUTION REMOVED

1 Like

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Close the tags as you open them for example.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.