Introducing Else If Statements bug?

Tell us what’s happening:
So freecodecamp won’t accept my answer because it says I don’t have two else statements? There’s a green check mark next to my “two if statements” statement so it must recognize else if as an if statement. Is this just a bug?

Your code so far

function testElseIf(val) {
  if (val > 10) {
    return "Greater than 10";
  } else if (val < 5) {
    return "Smaller than 5";
  } else { 
    return "Between 5 and 10";
  }

// Change this value to test
testElseIf(7);

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/introducing-else-if-statements

You have a missing closing brace, right below the last closing brace.

I’m sorry, where? I added one right below the last closing brace but it still doesn’t work, wouldn’t that be kind of redundant?

Can you show us the new code after adding the closing brace?

To enter a code block into the forum, precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

markdown_Forums

When I add a last closing brace, it passes for me. Count your opening braces and closing braces. See which ones are closing which.

function testElseIf(val) {
if (val > 10) {
return “Greater than 10”;
} else if (val < 5) {
return “Smaller than 5”;
}
return “Between 5 and 10”;
}
}
// Change this value to test
testElseIf(7);

If you look at the test results, you will see you are expected to use one more else statement. Your original code was only missing a closing brace.

Ohhh I wasn’t adding the closing brace to the code I posted, I reset the code after I asked this question so I was adding it to this other method I was trying. It worked, thanks everyone!