Introduction to HTML5 Elements ..i cant seem to understand how to COMPLETE THIS!

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<main><p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe. shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p></main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1.1; SM-J120ZN Build/LMY47X) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.91 Mobile Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements/

Wrap the paragraphs with an opening and closing main tag.

You are just wrapping one paragraph with main element. Make sure you are wrapping both p elements.

1 Like

Geeee thanks thats what ive been missing

@Sinj you’re very close. The main tag is meant to show the main guts of the page, kind of like how you could use the body tag, and everything in the website was in it. Same thing with the main, you should only have one of your page.

So you wrapped your second paragraph tag with the main tag, but it wants the paragraphs.
So simply move your main tag above the first p tag and the closing main tag leave where it is.

So you should have something like this:

<main>
<p>....</p>
<p>....</p>
</main>

Does that make sense why?

-Nao

Its keeps saying this …(The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.)

@Sinj see my reply above i think that will help answer your question.

:slight_smile:

• Nao

Gee Yes it does make sense …thanks

1 Like