Introduction to HTML5 Elements (i need help)

Tell us what’s happening:
it keeps telling me this??? “The main`element should have two paragraph elements as children” ive been working on this for 2 hours i am totally stuck…

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
    <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe,      shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur        catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements/

This main element has only one p element inside it, so it has only one children. The other p is outside so it is not child of the main element

you want to write
<–main>
<–h2>
<–p>
<–/p>
<–/h2>
<–/main>

CatPhotoApp

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe,shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy furcatnip scratched.

don’t nest a paragraph inside an h2 element, it is semantically incorrect, and would confuse any kind of assistive technology, and any html validator would swear at you

Instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

i am doing everything the video says to do and i still cant figure out what im doing wrong???

Ignore the video and read the challenge text again.

You need both paragraphs (<p> elements) to be nested inside a <main> element.

Example, using fake HTML elements, replace using the correct element names:

<mainElement>
  <paragraphElement></paragraphElement>
  <paragraphElement></paragraphElement>
</mainElement>

thank you lasjorg, i got it…lol

thank you moontua i got it…lol