Introduction to HTML5 Elements stuck

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <body>
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed evrywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>
</body>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements/

Can you describe what exactly you’re having an issue with.

Thanks

• Nao
  1. You need 2 p elements with Kitty Ipsum text.

2. Make sure each of your p elements has a closing tag.

3. Your p element should contain the first few words of the provided additional kitty ipsum text.

4. Your code should have one main element.

5. The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.

6. The opening main tag should come before the first paragraph tag.

7. The closing main tag should come after the second closing paragraph tag.
    At this stage, I have been able to get green ticks for 1 to 3 but I am unable to wrap my head around the rest
    https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements/

So the instructions for this challenge are:
Create a second p element after the existing p element with the following kitty ipsum text: Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.

Wrap the paragraphs with an opening and closing main tag.
The bolded part is what 4-7, that your having issues, is about.

So you added the second p tags (or elements as they are calling them), be careful that you copied the text exactly as their example because that can mess you up. Like i see a space between your opening p tag and your text.
Then they’re saying to take your two p elements ( the ones you already have with the kitty ipsum text in them) and wrap them in a main tag.

so basically

<main>
<p>...</p>
<p>...</p>
</main>

Does that make sense now?

• Nao
1 Like

I got it correct now.
Thanks very much NaoG

1 Like

Thnx, In lesson they put that main elements are section, header, … but not the main as element. It makes a loop since main is not in the description as an element.