Is there a place to submit bug reports?

I’m currently going through Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form.

Step #46 says this:

To give the fieldset elements a bit of separation, select them and give them a border-bottom of 3px solid #3b3b4f .

But it rejects your code unless you enter this:

fieldset {
border: none;
padding: 2rem 0;
border-bottom: 3px solid rgb(59, 59, 79);
}

As you can see, it tells you specifically to use # notation for the color, but only accepts rgb() notation. It really took a long time to figure out what was going on here.

I just tested with 3px solid #3b3b4f and it passed for me.

Did you copy/paste this from the instructions or did you type it out manually. If you did it manually then perhaps you didn’t quite get the hex value exactly correct? Or did you accidentally add the period to the end of the hex value?

1 Like

I tried both copy/paste and typing it manually. It only accepted the code after I changed the format to rgb. You’re right though. I just tried again and it’s now accepting the color in hex format. When you proceed to Step 47, however, it changes the code to rgb, so something still appears off.

And then in step 48 it is back to hex again. So step 47 just appears to be an oversight. But I don’t think it matters too much as step 46 will accept either hex or dec. But I do think originally you had an error somewhere that was keeping it from passing. Perhaps you accidentally changed something else and didn’t realize it. We can’t know for sure because we can’t see all of your original code when it wasn’t passing. In the future, if you run into a problem be sure to paste everything in here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.