JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Projects - Palindrome Checker

Just starting to code this project when I realize what appears to be an error in the requirements. I checked the forum boards but cannot find anything.

One of the tests is:
palindrome("0_0 (: /-\ :) 0-0") should return true
However, this is actually false. There is an underscore “_” between the first 0’s and a hyphen “-” between the second 0’s.

Does JavaScript recognize these as the same character? Seeing as others are passing this test and no one has brought this up, am I missing something? My initial code returns false for this test … which is actually correct, but they are looking for true.

Thanks,
Mark

No, but it does not matter. If you remove all the non-alphanumeric characters (anything that is not a letter or number), palindrome("0_0 (: /-\ :) 0-0") should return true.

All non-alphanumeric characters removed:

This is a palindrome.

Please post a link to the challenge

You missed this part of the instructions:

Note: You’ll need to remove all non-alphanumeric characters (punctuation, spaces and symbols) and turn everything into the same case (lower or upper case) in order to check for palindromes.

Ahhh … got it. Hadn’t started removing those characters yet. Just some initial coding for tests.

thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.