I tried to account for all of the test cases I could think of, but I’m sure I missed some, so please feel free to point those out!
Test cases I tried to account for:
- cannot have more than one decimal place in a number
- cannot have more than one negative sign for a number
- cannot have two or more operators in a row (ex. /+) EXCEPT for one negative sign (ex. 1* -9)
- after = is pressed, you can use your answer to continue calculating if you click an operator OR start a new expression by clicking a number
- if a decimal is the first thing clicked for a number, the calculator registers “0.”
- if a decimal is the only thing clicked between two operators, the calculator registers “0.0”
- user cannot enter operator first unless it’s a negative sign
Please let me know what you think! Thanks for looking!