JavaScript help with 'this'

JavaScript help with 'this'

I have problem with access to some elements of my object within its methods. I need to have access to some object parameters in my function with is used in addEventListener method. I use .bind(this) but becouse of that i lose information about element that triggered event and I need them too. How cen I have acces to both object paramiters and triggering element ?

Some cod:

var myObjest= {
     someVar: 5,
     someHtmlElement: document.getElementsByClassName("Div")[0],
     someMetod: function() {
         console.log("someVar= "+someVar+"triggered by "+ this);
     },
     bind: function(){
         someElement('click',someMetod.bind(this));
     }
  }
  bind();

How cen I acces ‘someVar’ within ‘someMetod’

I don’t think you can do it, as the function i s out of your sight over their. Try avoiding this kind of complicating, especially when using JS as it can lead to a lot of errors that can be hard to detect later. If you think you need some help with it you can always try to use a program to help you. I use checkmarx these days and it works pretty good… Just make sure you try to avoid those errors as much as you can.
Good luck!
Michael.

Pretty sure there are built-in methods that already do what your function is trying to do.

But if you want to override the ‘this’ of a function, use .call.

myObject.someMethod.call(object)

You don’t actually have to use ‘this’ though. You can access any global object’s variable by calling the object first.

So you could do

console.log("somevar=" + myObjest.someVar + " triggered by " + this);

Or for more flexibility pass the whole object as a parameter

someMetod: function(object1, object2) {
    console.log("someVar= " + object1.someVar + " triggered by " + object2.name);
  }

myObjest.someMetod(myObjest, {name:"Bob"});

I cleaned up your code.
You need to use triple backticks to post code to the forum.
See this post for details.