Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 34

Tell us what’s happening:

Hi, this is my first time posting in the forum. I don’t see the final correct code listed anywhere for this step so I’m asking. Have tried different closing div tag variations. Unsure if this is my issue or something else. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Goal of this step: Begin by nesting a div with a class of formrow , and nest four div elements inside of it, alternating their class attributes with question-block and answer . Thank you

<section role="region" aria-labelledby="css-questions">
          <h2 id="css-questions">CSS</h2>
          <div class="formrow"></div>
            <div class="question-block"></div>
              <div class="answer"></div>
                <div class="question-block"></div>
                <div class="answer"></div>
        </section>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 34

Link to the challenge:

You want to nest the four divs inside of the formrow div. Right now you just have the formrow div before those other four divs.

Thanks! From what I understand, formrow is a class so I don’t add a closing </ formrow> tag at the end of the four divs. So how do divs become “inside” of it? I’ve read through MDN and w3 Schools, may be a fundamental that I’m lost on.

Look at the section tags. You have an opening <section> at the beginning of the section and a closing </section> at the end of the section. All the elements between those opening and closing tags are nested inside of the section element.

You would do the same thing to nest the four divs inside the div with class formrow.

It is now correct, in a strange error kind of way. I used the formrow class to close the 4 divs at the end and that didn’t appear in the solution after going to the next step. Actual solution was that I missed just one closing div tag. Thanks for sticking with me and explaining this one!

Based on your original HTML:

The solution was that you were closing the .formrow div too early. Do you see how the closing tag for that div should come after the four divs so that they are nested inside the .formrow div?

Yes, it is clear now. I at first thought your section example meant I use formrow again to close in a div at the end, that actually worked too since freecodecamp doesn’t differentiate as long as I closed the first formrow at end. Thank you!

2 Likes

I was in the same situation, I love freecodecamp so cool how we can all help each other and look over our mistakes together and solve them with out giving the direct answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.