Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 37

Tell us what’s happening:

I am unable to pass this code. It keeps telling me " You should give the first option element a value of "" . I can’t tell what’s wrong with it.

Your code so far

<div class="answer">
              <select>
                <option value"">Select an option</option>
                <option value"yes">Yes</option>
                <option value"no">No</option>
              </select>
            </div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/118.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn Accessibility by Building a Quiz - Step 37

This is not how we structure attributes. Check the example below, this is how we do it.

attribute name = "value";
3 Likes

In addition to @stephenmutheu great advice for your value attributes make sure to give your select element an attribute of required.
This attribute unlike the value attribute has no need for a value.
Ex:

<input type="checkbox" required>

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Ah! How silly of me, thank you!
However, now I am being told that “You should nest three option elements within the select element.”

This is my new code:

<div class="answer">
              <select required> 
                <option="">Select an option</option>
                <option="yes">Yes</option>
                <option="no">No</option>
              </select>
            </div>

Thank you!

1 Like

Here you only have the values to the attributes. I do not see the attribute name.

2 Likes

Seems like I have misunderstood what you initially said… I do not understand what you meant by attribute name="value"; can i clarify that my attribute is now the element and the value is the " " “yes” and “no”?

This is the instruction I was given:
Within the first div.answer element, nest one required select element with three option elements.

Give the first option element a value of "", and the text Select an option. Give the second option element a value of yes, and the text Yes. Give the third option element a value of no, and the text No.

We have an attribute called value, and we also have the value to the attribute. It’s confusing I know but check the link below.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.