Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 1

Tell us what’s happening:
My ‘Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 1’ says “You should have an opening tag with a lang attribute of en. Given what I learned in ‘Building a Cat Photo App’ I presume the lang attribute would be added to the opening html tag, but I am unable to move on from this step. What am I doing wrong?

**Your code so far**
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
</html>

Challenge: Learn Basic CSS by Building a Cafe Menu - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

a lang attribute is written… <html> and then inside the html add a lang to en for english

Are you saying that what I have written is correct? Because I am unable to move on to step two:(

yes!! and inside the html element separated by a space

<html> then next to the word html a space so: <html > then lang set to en

1 Like

Yes that is so weird because I swear that is what I have written, but the camp won’t let me move on to step two. Will try again later, but really appreciate your help!

Hi did you get past this please, as I’m now stuck on it too.

1 Like

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

I was stuck for a while because I forgot “” lol
But then when I came here, yours reminded me, and I got it, and the only difference between my verified code and yours is indentation. 2 spaces before the second and third lines.
EDIT: No, it’s not. It autocorrected to no spaces, so I re-tried it, and it worked exactly as you have it in your first comment. I don’t know what’s wrong, maybe just try doing it again?