Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<!-- User Editable Region -->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Hi guys, I wasted an hour on this because I was trying to take CC’s advice and not create a new forum but the previous posts didn’t help. Looking at previous code, this seems like the correct syntax, however it is refusing to work. I’ve tried a few variations including, " as a closing tag. Please help!!

The html element has both tags: <html>, and </html>.
You have forgotten to add the closing HTML tag.

<html lang="en"

" Hint

Your html element should have an opening tag with a lang attribute of en."

it has to be within the opening tag. this syntax above is also not working…

Yes that part is Ok. But you have forgotten to add the closing </html> tag , after the opening <html lang="en"> tag.

Please refer to my original post, it has a “>” a the end of “en”>

it is still not working. nor is . also, I have copied my code using from my work but it isn’t getting pasted here for some reason…

yeah i have put a html element with the tags but once I post it, it disappears.

We are talking about different things here. You have typed in your editor: <html lang="en">. But you didn’t add the CLOSING TAG after it, which is </html>:

<element></element> ...the closing tag has the forward slash before its name

Can I ask, how did you copy and paste the above example as it shows in the editor? I will show you mine in the same format

Use the </> button in your editor:

it isn’t there on mine

As you can see, the hint says that your html element should have a closing tag:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

</element>

here, the element is “html”. This is the closing tag of the ‘html’ element that is missing in your code.

okay, thank you! It has worked now but it is weird for this syntax to work because in the previous project (cafe menu) this isn’t the syntax

You must have these elements in all html files. This snippet is from the Cafe Menu:

Yes you’re right actually, I failed to scroll all the way down =/ a lot of time wasted on a small thing… thanks a lot for helping

1 Like

This is the only comment that helped me haha I’ve been stuck for 15 minutes! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.