Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 49 - 674ncABxkqV6nC5fFT_8O

Please I don’t know what I did wrong here. I need help. I was asked to change background-color property to just background property with the same rgb value as the former. Step 49 of color marker project. Thanks in anticipation

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
  <title>Colored Markers</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
</head>
<body>
  <h1>CSS Color Markers</h1>
  <div class="container">
    <div class="marker red">
    </div>
    <div class="marker green">
    </div>
    <div class="marker blue">
    </div>
  </div>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1 {
text-align: center;
}

.container {
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
padding: 10px 0;
}

.marker {
width: 200px;
height: 25px;
margin: 10px auto;
}

.red {
background:rgb(255,0,0);}

.green {
background-color: #007F00;
}

.blue {
background-color: hsl(240, 100%, 50%);
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

Challenge: Learn CSS Colors by Building a Set of Colored Markers - Step 49

Link to the challenge:

Your CSS is correct. You did nothing wrong here.

The Safari browser doesn’t always play nicely with the FCC tests, and I think this is one of the tests it doesn’t like. I would recommend you use a different browser for FCC. Otherwise, be prepared to have the tests fail on you every once in a while even though you have the correct code.

I am getting this exact error.
Is there a recommended browser to use for this to pass? I’ve tried Chrome, Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Opera on my iPad Pro and the error remains for me, too.
Am I not going to be able to complete this step with an iPad?

1 Like

I don’t have an iPad to test with so someone else will have to chime in as to whether they can pass this step on an iPad. But ya, if you aren’t able to pass it with Firefox or Chrome either then it does seem like their might be some issue unique to the iPad, or possible the version of iOS that your iPad is running.

Actually, now that I think of it, this makes sense. All browsers on iOS are really running Safari underneath since Apple won’t let other browser makers actually run their own code on iOS. So Chrome and Firefox are just a shell over Safari. So ya, I totally believe that you can’t pass this on your iPad and you can blame Apple for that :slight_smile:

If you don’t have a different computer you can use then you are probably just going to have to accept that you will not pass a few tests even if you get the code right. Hopefully these issues can be fixed in FCC itself someday.

Ok thanks. Let me try a new browser

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.