Learn CSS Grid by Building a Magazine - Step 20

Tell us what’s happening:

My error keeps saying that I do not have 6 lists but it looks like I have them all.

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

<ul>
            <li>
          <h4 class="list-subtitle">V1 - 2014</h4>
          <p>We launched freeCodeCamp with a simple list of 15 resources, including Harvard's CS50 and Stanford's Database Class.</p>
     </li>

<li>
         <h4 class="list-subtitle">V1 - 2015</h4>
          <p>We added interactive algorithm challenges.</p>
        </li>

<li>
          <h4 class="list-subtitle">V1 - 2015</h4>
          <p>We added our own HTML+CSS challenges (before we'd been relying on General Assembly's Dash course for these).</p>
        </li>

<li>
          <h4 class="list-subtitle">V1 - 2016</h4>
         <p>We expanded the curriculum to 3 certifications, including Front End, Back End, and Data Visualization. They each had 10 required projects, but only the Front End section had its own challenges. For the other certs, we were still using external resources like Node School.</p>
        </li>

<li>
          <h4 class="list-subtitle">V1 - 2017</h4>
          <p>We added the back end and data visualization challenges.</p>
        </li>

<li>
          <h4 class="list-subtitle">V1 - 2018</h4>
          <p>We launched 6 new certifications to replace our old ones. This was the biggest curriculum improvement to date.</p>
        </li>

</ul>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Grid by Building a Magazine - Step 20

Link to the challenge:

Read the hint you are getting below the editor. It is telling you exactly what the problem is.

Below the editor? It shows I have 6 li elements in my ul element but the error says the same thing.

What is the hint saying?

" Your ul element should have six li elements."

Are you sure you are using the same HTML that you pasted above? When I paste in that HTML I get a different hint.

Yes, this is the same code with that error message.

It’s not quite the same code. In your original HTML, every h4 started with “V1”. I see you have fixed that now. I think your issue is that you deleted the class attribute that was on the <ul> tag. Be sure not to make any extra changes that you weren’t asked to make. Even the smallest unexpected change can cause the tests to fail.

Thanks, I brought the class and attribute back to the ul and it worked. I was looking in the wrong place based on the hint. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.