Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 108 - -3ChkUCWQzJga53QlRPT9

Tell us what’s happening:

Step 108

Add another repeating gradient to this building; make it the same as the one you just added, except don’t add the 90deg direction and use your window color instead of the two transparent colors.

(I think I have this right, I can’t for the life of me figure out why it won’t pass!)

Your code so far

.fb6 {
width: 9%;
height: 38%;
background-color: var(–building-color3);
background: repeating-linear-gradient(
90deg,
var(–building-color3),
var(–building-color3) 10%,
transparent 10%,
transparent 30%
),
repeating-linear-gradient(
90deg,
var(–building-color3),
var(–building-color3) 10%,
var(–window-color3) 10%,
var(–window-color3) 30%
);
}

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

Replace these two sentences with your copied code.
Please leave the ``` line above and the ``` line below,
because they allow your code to properly format in the post.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 108

Link to the challenge:

I think you forgot about this part of the instructions:

“except don’t add the 90deg direction”

Oh thanks, you’re right! I deleted, but still getting message, " You should give .fb6 a second repeating-linear-gradient in the background property."

Always paste in your updated code so we can see what you did. To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

i have the same error, but i just noticed that, forgot the “,” at start. this piece was the solution.

Mod Edit: SOLUTION REMOVED

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.