Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline - Step 40

I don’t know what’s wrong with the above code but it just doesn’t pass. Please help me out.

You did everything correctly but one thing you missed. If you use linear-gradient, you should not forget the brackets.

here is an example:

background: linear-gradient(var(...), var(...))

linear-gradient by itself needs brackets and declared variables needs brackets.

Please create a post of your own when requesting help with your issue?

This allows for you, and the person with the original post, to receive focused and proper guidance to resolve the problem.

Every step is a step closer to your goal!

1 Like

@Emagzimus

I created a new topic for you, but in the future please do mot use another users topic for help with your own code. You can create your own topic by following the steps

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

It’s resolved. Didn’t realize I needed the extra brackets. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Noted. I’m still getting used to the interface so I didn’t realize. Thanks all the same.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.