Tell us what’s happening:
I can’t to get past this exercise, followed the instructions. What am I missing

Your code so far

<script $( document ).ready(function() {
  ready 
});>

</script>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.76 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

Can not see your code. To enter code into a forum post, make sure to precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Ok lets try it this way

<script $( document ).ready(function() {
ready
});>

</script>

Here are the instruction:

Inside your script element, add this code: $(document).ready(function() { to your script. Then close it on the following line (still inside your script element) with: });

You seem to be confusing what inside the script element means. You seem to be interpreting the instructions as inside the script tag, but that is not what it means. Let’s say I have the following h1 element.

<h1>Hello World!</h1>

The part inside the h1 element is the text “Hello World!”. See if you can use this information to pass the challenge. Also, when you post code to the forum, make sure you use three back ticks ``` on the line before and after the code you want to post. Otherwise, it may not display properly.

You are missing a closing “>” on the opening “script” tag.
ie Your code should go between “”