Learn HTIssue with ML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 17

Tell us what’s happening:
I have the following code, which as far as I can tell is correct up to this point. The instructions say " Nest an input element within each label. Be sure to add each input after the label text, and include a space after the colon."

However, when I try to submit, it is saying " You should add the third input after the label text Enter Your Email:, and include a space after the colon." which I believe I do have in place. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thank you

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label>Enter Your First Name: <input/>
        </label>
        <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input/>
        </label>
        <label>Enter Your Email: <input/>
        </label>
        <label>Create a New Password: <input/>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

</form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:106.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/106.0

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 17

Link to the challenge:

The code passes, but you should have three ‘fieldset’ elements in your code. Take a look at the previous step.

I added the fieldsets back in but am still seeing the same message. Am I misunderstanding something?

Have you tried taking out the slashes from the input tag so that they read:
<input>

Yes, I have tried both with and without the slashes and saw no change in the hint message

can you try to click the reset button please?
This will put everything back to its initial state (the reset button looks like an arrow turning around itself)
Once that’s done, add only the input elements and try not to add anything else (not even a newline or carriage return)

I have reset step 17 via the reset button below the hint section and entered just the inputs and a space after the colons, but I am getting the same message:

Could this perhaps be a technical issue with the test? I ask because, if I remove all of the spaces after all of the colons, I get the message:

" Hint: You should add the first input after the label text Enter Your First Name:, and include a space after the colon."

Adding the space after the ‘first name’ colon gives me the same message but for “last name”. Adding the space after the “last name” colon will then give me the hint message for the “email” line. But adding a space after the “email” colon does not change the error message. It seems to get stuck there.

I believe I have solved the issue. I have a firefox extension that masks emails. Disabling that allowed the test to be successful. Thank you very much everyone for your assistance.

1 Like

right I had the ad blocker extension after disabling that It worked for me

mod edit: solution redacted

you can try this by disabling some extensions

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.