Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 2

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I need help I know nothing about coding zero. I’ll do my best to describe my issue and I do apologize for not being clear or anything else to the coding community. So my problem its giving me a hint saying h1 element should have a closing tag (/) . which in my defense I did and it went something like this( <h1/ Cat Photos h2> ) and I also did this ( h2 Cat photos /h1 ) . if this does not make sense please tell me. So I could elaborate more
Your code so far

<html>
<body>
  <h1>CatPhotos</h2>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.3 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App - Step 2

Link to the challenge:

This is a opening h1 tag

This is a closing h2 tag

Your tags should come in matching pairs. A opening h1 tag needs a closing h2 tag.

You should have pair of h1 tags and one pair of h2 tags.

h1 tag is opening to the sentence and /h2 tag to close it. Gottcha.
<h1>CatPhotoApp<h1></h2> . I don’t know if I did it right but its giving me this hint Your h1 element should have a closing tag. Closing tags have a / just after the < character. Not much help, but then again what do you expect from a free version

No. That is the opposite of what I said.

Reset the code. See how there are two elements with h1 inside of them? One is an opening tag <h1> and the other is a closing tag </h1>

You need a brand new, completely separate, pair of tags fo the h2 element.

Not gonna lie I don’t know if I was tired or information was just oozing out my ears, but its a new day and I’m now chugging along. My error was not adding the new element next to the other element and not correctly using the closing text with the h2. Last nite your info just sounded like new math equations that I’ve never seen before. Thank you for your time .

1 Like