Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 17

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Okay so I am feeling a little lost, I am on step 17 of building the registration form. In my code, I have added the for elements to my labels, nested the input, and put a space at the end of the colon. I put in the id for it, placed in the type of input(‘text’), and removed it. I am still getting the same message. My input needs to be after the first label or I get the message that my input needs to be nested. I have tried both ways to no avail. Can I please get some assistance?
Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for='first-name'>Enter Your First Name: <input id='first-name' /></label>
        <label for='last-name'>Enter Your Last Name: <input id='last-name' /></label>
        <label for='email'>Enter Your Email: <input id='email' /></label>
        <label for='password'>Create a New Password: <input id='password' /></label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset></fieldset>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: {{challengeTitle}} Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 17

Link to the challenge:

The instruction: " Nest an input element within each label . Be sure to add each input after the label text, and include a space after the colon."

There is no requirements for adding any attribute here.

I also tried it without the attributes, last night but nothing seemed to be working. I’ll try it again and get back to you.

I reread the directions and figured to follow them to the letter. I was jumping the gun on what I needed to type after the text inside the label.

Hi guys,

So I was bashing my head against this. I found a few posts where people solved it without really saying much. As @amber.m1678 posted, you need to read the question carefully. The instruction asks that you add the input only… it doesn’t say anything about defining an id, class, adding placeholder text or (and this is what caught me) defining the input type

Hope this helps

Mod edit: removed solution

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.