Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 2

This is now an a element instead of a html element. You should go back to the opening element tag I said was correct.

This is not a correct closing tag. The / goes at the beginning, right after the <

</html lang='en'>

Still not working

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

You have now stuck the opening and closing tags together. That cannot be correct.

Read here about opening and closing tags: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-html-by-building-a-cat-photo-app/step-1

<!DOCTYPE html>

<lang="en">

</html>

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

Here your this code is correct but kindly put the text html after your opening bracket <

Hope you understand.

</html lang="en">
1 Like

1 Like

See above - you cannot put the opening and closing html tag into one tag.

2 Likes

You give it a nice trail buddy kindly follow the advice of @JeremyLT:

And plz remove the backslash / we us it when we close our html element.

Hope you understand.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en">

Still not working…

1 Like

Yup great progress :slight_smile:

Now put the close </html> after your open html element <html>

Then everything will be fine.

Not working ive added the backslash

<!DOCTYPE html>

</html lang="en">

You really, really need to read this.

You need to have 1 opening html tag and 1 closing html tag.

This is in addition to your 1 self closing !DOCTYPE element.

3 Likes

Kindly follow the advice of @JeremyLT sir .

And please read what sir has suggested to you.

Hope you understand buddy. :blush:

1 Like

the answer is

Please don’t try to give code answers for the challenges. You can view the previous responses on this thread for an appropriate example on the way to help answer questions

thanks

3 Likes