Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 29

Tell us what’s happening:
From what I can tell it sure looks like I am doing this correctly. But, the code will not pass.

Your code so far

<label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions></label>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 29

Link to the challenge:

I do not see a closing tag for your anchor…

Thought anchors are self closing

Think about it. If you are the browser and you see this code:

This paragraph is a <a href="www.google.com">very long link to google but no one actually knows where the link ends, just where it begins. I wonder which of these words should be clickable, or maybe all of them?

Which of the words following the opening tag should the browser make into a link?

1 Like

@hbar1st Got it Thanks for the help!

2 Likes
mod edit: solution removed

hi Magdy,

I know you are new to the forum so you may not be aware that we have a policy of not sharing solutions to challenge questions here.
We hope you can help people who post here with hints/tips or suggestions instead.

thanks

sorry I didn’t know that :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.