Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

Tell us what’s happening:

Kind of confused right now, as to my knowledge, I’ve already completed what it asked me to do, hoping its a simple fix.

Step 31
Add the text I accept the terms and conditions immediately after the input element in the newly added label. Then link the text terms and conditions to the following location:

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <legend>Account type (required)</legend>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" checked /> Personal</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business</label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset><label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox"required />I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a></label>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<input type="submit" value="Submit" /> </fieldset>
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 31

You are right, but if you see the hint it says: You should add I accept the terms and conditions text to the label following the third fieldset.

So reset your challenge and type exactly what you did here but without the first tag fieldset, and you should pass.

As you will see that the third fielset was already added for you on top, so all you need to do is adding the label element like you did.

1 Like

Thanks, I initially added that after it wouldn’t work as it was initially but that seems to have worked for me this time.

1 Like