Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 37

Tell us what’s happening:
I cannot successfully add a textarea element.

The guiding hint says: You should nest a textarea element within the label.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 37

Link to the challenge:

3 Likes

welcome to the FCC forum

can you pls post all your code

1 Like

if you dont know how just click the preformed text in the post editor and paste all your code there

1 Like

your code is correct but you forgot to put the > after the “text” and remove the / after the /label tag and it should work

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Like this:
<textarea=“text”>

3 Likes
<p> like this<p> 
paste code here 
1 Like

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions">
          <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label>Upload a profile picture: <input type="file" /></label>
        <label>Input your age (years): <input type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label>How did you hear about us?
          <select>
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
      <label for="bio">Provide a bio: <input id="bio" type="text" name="bio" <textarea="text"></label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 37

Link to the challenge:

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

ok give me a sec i need to think of how i did this challenge

1 Like

ok from what i see the code looks correct but maybe the test is not counting it as correct try restarting the challenge then enter the exact code you have now <label for="bio">Provide a bio: <input id="bio" type="text" name="bio" <textarea="text"></label> and then tell me if the error still appears

1 Like

sorry if i could not help i have forgotton how i have done this challenge a mod or leader could help you if you create a post with all your code posted on it they should be able to get you the help you need sorry again for not helping you with your problem

1 Like

It still won’t accept the code-! No need to apologize- thank you very much for taking the time to help

2 Likes

Just create a new post and a mod or leader will help you

1 Like

The guiding hint says: You should nest a textarea element within the label.

Where did you find the instruction to add an attribute such as for=“bio” and an input element?
Restart the step.
The ‘textarea’ element should have the closing tag :</textarea>

<label><element></element></label>  ...this is called nesting. 'element' is nested. 

In this case, ‘element’ is the ‘textarea’.

2 Likes

Provide a bio

hey, so i had a similar issue with this step, don’t over think it just read the steps bit by bit it should look like this dont add anything unless the prompt tells you to, hope this helps goodluck on your coding journey! <3

1 Like

I have removed your solution

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like

it will be beneficial to note that the lesson has been updated and the solution might differ. I had an issue with this step. the task was: “Add a label with the text Provide a bio: at the end of the fieldset . Add a textarea element inside the label element. Note that the textarea requires a closing tag.”

after countless tries, I realized that I had to add the solution: " Label>Provide … : textarea> textarea> label>" inside the “fieldset”

hope that helps for anyone who refers to this post int he future

(note: that I have removed “<” and “</>” to avoide giving away the whole solution)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.