Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 4

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here. Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. You’re getting there.

Hint

You should have one self-closing link element.

**Your code so far**
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>

> Blockquote

<link  rel="stylesheet"  href="styles.css" />

> Blockquote

<title>Registration Form</title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Thank you!

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.114 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.62

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 4

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-html-forms-by-building-a-registration-form/step-4**strong text**

Hi @a531 ,

You have a space before the last quote, remove it.

Thanks for your reply.

I saw that also on the post, my module doesn’t have the space and I also tried the closing /> spaced and not spaced.

code from module

Registration Form

error

Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. Hang in there.

Hint

You should have one self-closing link element.

1 Like

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks.

```
Your code goes here
```

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor ( </> ) to add backticks around text.

Hello, I couldn’t find the ticks, so I just block quoted the link element.

I searched the web and W3shcools has a link element example and my code is like their example. I have tried the ending with and without the / e.g. > and />.

Still having the same error. I’ve switched the link element above and below the title element, placed the link and title element on the same line, placed the head end tag next to the link element.

Thank you!

pasted from W3schools.com

Example

Well, your updated code works for me.
Have you tried using a different browser? Chrome maybe.

You were right, Microsoft Edge wouldn’t do it. I switched the Chrome and it worked.

Thanks for your help!

Coding with Chrome for now on!

1 Like

On my keyboard they are in the upper left, just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

1 Like

Thank you!

Wondering if there is a bug report for not working on Microsoft Edge?

I’m not sure this is due to a bug in Edge. I just tested this step in Edge and it passed for me.

Yeah, just also wondering, if it is my settings, also using latest Windows 11. Thanks again!

I’m also following the tutorial with inputting into VSCode.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.