<title>Registration Form</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
</head>
<body>
  <h1>Registration Form</h1>
  <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
  <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
      <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" name="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
      <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" name="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
      <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" name="email" type="email" required /></label>
      <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" name="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
      <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
      <label for="terms-and-conditions" name="terms-and-conditions">
        <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required name="terms-and-conditions" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
      </label>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file"/></label>
      <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
      <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
        <select id="referrer" name="referrer">
          <option value="">(select one)</option>
          <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
          <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
          <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
          <option value="4">Other</option>
        </select>
      </label>
      <label for="bio">Provide a bio:
        <textarea id ="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
      </label>
    </fieldset>
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
  </form>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
width: 100%;
height: 100vh;
margin: 0;
background-color: #1b1b32;
color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
display: block;
margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/105.0.1343.33

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 40

Link to the challenge:

sorry you are lost. It would be nice to know why you are lost, but I will just assume for now that you didn’t understand the intention of the exercise. If that is not why you are lost, then please ask a specific question.

The exercise instructions say:
Give each submittable element a unique name attribute of your choosing, except for the two radio inputs.

I will now re-write this for you (hoping this helps in some way):

• Find each element that the user can modify (ie. “submittable element” like textareas, or checkboxes, anything that the user can change).
  • Give each of those elements a name attribute
  • assign a unique value to the name attribute for each element (but do not modify the radio buttons). You can choose any name you like and that makes sense to you.

Example of me adding a name to a sample line of html code:
Given this:
<input type="text">
becomes
<input name="field" type="text">

hope this helps

Hello. I am lost on how to progress with building my registration form. After giving the name attribute of my choosing, I stii get the hint “give the file a name attribute. PS i would have chosen file.” Please how do I fix this?

Thank you.

Look for the input element of type file and give it a name.

If you have further questions about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

I’ve figured it out and passed the test.

Thank you.

1 Like