Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 41

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
For some reason the pseudo code is not passing.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <title>Registration Form</title>
	  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>Registration Form</h1>
   <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
   <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
     <fieldset>
       <label>Enter Your First Name: <input type="text" name="first-name" required /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" name="last-name" required /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="email" name="email" required /></label>
       <label>Create a New Password: <input type="password" name="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset>
       <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
       <label><input type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
       <label>
         <input type="checkbox" name="terms" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
			  </label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
           <option value="4">Other</option>
         </select>
       </label>
       <label>Provide a bio:
         <textarea name="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
			  </label>
     </fieldset>
     <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
   </form>
 </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
 width: 100%;
 height: 100vh;
 margin: 0;
 background-color: #1b1b32;
	color: #f5f6f7;
 font-family: Tahoma;
	font-size: 16px;
}

h1, p {
 margin: 1em auto;
 text-align: center;
}

form {
 width: 60vw;
	max-width: 500px;
	min-width: 300px;
	margin: 0 auto;
}

fieldset {
 border: none;
	padding: 2rem 0;
}

fieldset:not(:last-of-type) {
 border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;
}

label {
	display: block;
	margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 41

Link to the challenge:

This part is not necessary:

fieldset:not(:last-of-type) {
 border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;
}

You only need to add the border-bottom property to the fieldset selector above (add it to this part of your code)

[Removed by moderators]

i did that for step 40. I tried it this way but it says I need the border-bottom to look that way.

[Removed by moderators]

This is the solution for step 41

I typed that in and it still isnt accepting. Maybe something is wrong

1 Like
Maybe reset that step and paste the code .Sometimes working.

fieldset {
  border: none;
	padding: 2rem 0;
  border-bottom:3px solid #3b3b4f;
}

Try This

[Removed by Moderators]

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

3 Likes

I wonder if we should get rid of the solutions also posted above even though they are older?

1 Like

I think we should we should do that. Since a lot of people go through old posts if they can’t find the solution by posting a new topic. let me take care of this one! :smile:

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like

I know i’m super late to the conversation but check out “CSS cascade”. That’s the reason why your code wasn’t working.

Thank you! I see one more up there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.