Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 41

<fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" name="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" name="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" name="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" name="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions">
          <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required name="terms-and-conditions" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file"/></label>
        <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
          <select id="referrer" name="referrer">
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
        <label for="bio">Provide a bio:
          <textarea id ="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
```[quote="gumilang, post:1, topic:582079, full:true"]
Enter Your First Name: Enter Your Last Name: Enter Your Email: Create a New Password: Personal Account Business Account I accept the terms and conditions Upload a profile picture: Input your age (years): How did you hear about us? Provide a bio: ``` [/quote]

the instruction says

" Step 41

With form submissions, it is useful, and good practice, to provide each submittable element with a name attribute. This attribute is used to identify the element in the form submission.

Give each submittable element a unique name attribute of your choosing, except for the two radio inputs."

what should i do? help!! i feel my head is gonna explodemy code

These don’t look like unique names.

<label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>

<label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>

account-type is a duplicate.

Maybe this is the issue?

Also a lot of elements are missing the required name attribute

<input id="profile-picture" type="file"/>

Read the requirements.

Test
Sorry, your code does not pass. Try again.

Hint
You should give the file a name attribute. PS I would have chosen file 

Welcome to our community!
The “submittable” elements are the ‘input’ elements with the type attribute set to ‘file’ and ‘age’, ‘select’ element, and ‘textarea’ element.

Hey George thank you so much for answering my question, i am so sorry… my level of understanding in english language is not really good. Can you please give me one simple example of the answer?

Thank you so much for welcoming me to this community! I really appreciate that!
Can you please give me an example of how i should solve this step please? thanks!

Example here:

<input id="profile-picture" type="file"/>

needs to become

<input id="profile-picture" name="unique-name" type="file"/>

Once the “name” attribute is set to something, “unique-name” in this case which is the value, click “Check your answer”

Then resolve the next one. Hope this helps.

Next one would be

<input id="age" type="number" min="13" max="120" /> 

which has to become

<input id="age" type="number" name="something"  min="13" max="120" /> 

And so on …

<input type="file" name="smth">
<input type="age" name="smth">
<select name="smth">
<textarea name="smth">

This is just guidance.

OMG, IT WORKED!! thank you so much George for your kindness!!

Hey, thank you so much for the guidance! After 2 hours… finally! I really appreciate your kindness!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.