Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 42

Tell us what’s happening:

I don’t understand what’s being asked of me to perform. The hint says: “You should give the input expecting a first name a name attribute. PS I would have chosen first-name”. I went throughout the code and added a “name” attribute to each line that didn’t have one and it was incorrect.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <legend>Account type (required)</legend>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" checked /> Personal</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business</label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file" name="file"/></label>
        <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
          <select id="referrer">
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
        <label for="bio">Provide a bio:
          <textarea id ="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <label for="terms-and-conditions">
        <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
      </label>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/124.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 42

In your code, I only saw you added name attribute for the profile picture input tag:

There are 7 <input> tags, 1 <select> tag, and 1 <textarea> that needed to add name attribute to.

That’s because I deleted it and didn’t feel like redoing all my errors again. Then sent this post. Idk what it’s asking me. Some of the instructions are vague.

This lesson will require you to be patient and carry out the task with care and an eye for detail. The hints box has provided some handy tips, you can use it to debug your code. Just take your time.

The instructions for this step is adding name attributes for all submittable elements in the form (<input>, <select>, <textarea>).

It’s a bit tedious but it’s good to practice your patience and carefulness.