Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 49

Tell us what’s happening:
I am confused here: Do I edit the CSS or HTML? I am not sure how to add “inline” as a class within HTML for the first input element to adjust the radio option labels.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" name="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" name="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" name="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" name="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type"/> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <label for="terms-and-conditions">
          <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required name="terms-and-conditions" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
        </label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file" name="file" /></label>
        <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" name="age" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
          <select id="referrer" name="referrer">
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
        <label for="bio">Provide a bio:
          <textarea id="bio" name="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
  font-family: Tahoma;
  font-size: 16px;
}

h1, p {
  margin: 1em auto;
  text-align: center;
}

form {
  width: 60vw;
  max-width: 500px;
  min-width: 300px;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

fieldset {
  border: none;
  padding: 2rem 0;
  border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;
}

fieldset:last-of-type {
  border-bottom: none;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

input,
textarea,
select {
  margin: 10px 0 0 0;
  width: 100%;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 49

Link to the challenge:

“Start, by giving the input elements in the second fieldset a class of inline.”

You are being asked to give HTML elements a class of inline, so you would be modifying the HTML.

You added plenty of classes to elements in the previous Colored Markers course. I would review the HTML for that course to see how it is done.

I did review the classes I used for the color markers css, and added it, but it doesn’t work. I tried putting the code snippet given below around the first input element in my code above, and it wasn’t correct. Didn’t pass.

<div class="inline"></div>

This is what the instructions are asking you to do:

“Start, by giving the input elements in the second fieldset a class of inline.”

So you want to add the input class directly to the input elements, not add a div.

That was the solution. I put in the necessary code just after “input” without the “div” code snippet. Placed it in the same area for all three of them and my code was able to pass.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.