Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 49

Tell us what’s happening:

Having an issue with step 49 during form building on 07AUG2024. typed in what I believe to be correct but its not accepting the input due to input (in)-validation with commas specifically:
“You should use a comma separated element when using input, textarea, and select elements”.

I even skipped ahead to step 50 and just copied the text from the styles.css and pasted that into input box and clicked the ‘Check Your Code’ but it still doesn’t think its correct.

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" name="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" name="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" name="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" name="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <legend>Account type (required)</legend>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" checked /> Personal</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business</label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file" name="file" /></label>
        <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" name="age" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
          <select id="referrer" name="referrer">
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
        <label for="bio">Provide a bio:
          <textarea id="bio" name="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <label for="terms-and-conditions">
        <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required name="terms-and-conditions" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
      </label>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
  font-family: Tahoma;
  font-size: 16px;
}

h1, p {
  margin: 1em auto;
  text-align: center;
}

form {
  width: 60vw;
  max-width: 500px;
  min-width: 300px;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

fieldset {
  border: none;
  padding: 2rem 0;
  border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;
}

fieldset:last-of-type {
  border-bottom: none;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;

/* User Editable Region */

input, textarea, select {
  width: 100px;
  margin: 10px 0 0 0;
}

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/127.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 49

This block is missing the closing brace }

Thanks I figured that out just now. It works now. May want to evaluate preventing users with limited development experience like me from being able to edit the code (i.e. css) from above or below the current exercise. I was focusing on trying to type the code directly into the input block and didn’t realize until today that I could even modify the code outside the input box for the given step.

Otherwise great product!

yeah that is a tricky thing!
But you learned something new and that is ultimately what you’re here for.

1 Like