Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 5

Tell us what’s happening:
I added the right self-closing tag and I am still getting a failed test. Please what am I doing wrong?

**Your code so far**
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8" >
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" >
  <title>Registration Form</title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 5

Link to the challenge:

i see nothing wrong with your code apart from your link should be below you title element yes you will need a slash for the link

1 Like

I have done that and it’s still showing the same problem

could you show us your recent code?

1 Like

I have solved the problem. I didn’t include the “./” path symbol

ok, well done for solving your issue. :clap:

I am having the same problem, this is what my code looks like currently:

<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
</head>

but it tells me that my code does not pass and I should have one self-closing link element. What I have learned by accident is when my dark mode extension is active the app will not accept the code, once I turned off my google extension it worked perfectly. As a warning, if the code isn’t working and you have a dark mode extension active the code may not be accepted unless you turn it off.

Hi!
Please create your own topic when you have specific questions about your own challenge code. Only respond to another thread when you want to provide help to the original poster of the other thread or have follow up questions concerning other replies given to the original poster.

The easiest way to create a topic for help with your own solution is to click the Ask for Help button located on each challenge. This will automatically import your code in a readable format and pull in the challenge url while still allowing you to ask any question about the challenge or your code.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.